Information I Collect
I only collect information about you if I have a reason to do so — for example, to provide this website, to communicate with you, or to make this website better.
I collect this information when you provide information to me or automatically through operating our Services.
Information You Provide to Us
I collect almost all information automatically:
- Log information: Like most online service providers, I collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, including the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. I collect log information when you use my website.
- Location information: I may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. I collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit this website from certain geographic regions.
How and Why I Use Information
I use information about you for the purposes listed below:
- To provide this website.
- To fix problems with this website. For example, by monitoring, debugging, repairing, and preventing issues.
- To communicate with you. For example, if you write me an e-mail.
(1) The use is necessary in order to keep this website online; or
(2) The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or
I share information about you in limited circumstances, and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy. These are spelled out below, as well as in the section called Ads and Analytics Services Provided by Others:
- Legal and regulatory requirements: I may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- Aggregated or de-identified information: I may share information that has been aggregated or de-identified, so that it can no longer reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, I may publish aggregate statistics about the use of this website.
- Published support requests: If you send me a request for assistance (for example, via a support email or one of our other feedback mechanisms), I reserve the right to publish that request in order to clarify or respond to your request, or to help me support other users.
I have a long-standing policy that I do not sell our users’ data. I’m not a data broker, I don’t sell your personal information to data brokers, and I don’t sell your information to other companies that want to spam you with marketing emails.
How Long I Keep Information
I generally discard information about you when it’s no longer needed for the purposes for which I collect and use it — described in the section above on How and Why I Use Information — and I’m not legally required to keep it.
For example, I keep the web server logs that record information about a visitor to my website, like the visitor’s IP address, browser type, and operating system, for approximately 30 days. I retain the logs for this period of time in order to, among other things, analyze traffic and investigate issues if something goes wrong on my website.
By accessing this website you consent to the processing and storing of information in Germany, the U.S., and other countries, which may have different protections than your home country.
While no online service is 100% secure, I work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so.
If you are located in certain parts of the world, including California and countries that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (aka the “GDPR”), you may have certain rights regarding your personal information, like the right to request access to or deletion of your data.
European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are located in a country that falls under the scope of the GDPR, data protection laws give you certain rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to my use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that I limit my use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
You also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) requires me to provide California residents with some additional information about the categories of personal information I collect and share, where I get that personal information, and how and why I use it.
The CCPA also requires me to provide a list of the “categories” of personal information I collect, as that term is defined in the law, so, here it is. In the last 12 months, I collected the following category of personal information from California residents:
- Identifiers (like device and online identifiers);
If you are a California resident, you have additional rights under the CCPA, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the right to:
Request to know the categories of personal information I collect, the categories of business or commercial purpose for collecting and using it, the categories of sources from which the information came, the categories of third parties I share it with, and the specific pieces of information I collect about you;
Request deletion of personal information I collect or maintain;
Opt out of any sale of personal information; and
Not receive discriminatory treatment for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
The CCPA & Personalized Advertising in Our Ads Program
The personal information I use includes online identifiers; internet or other network or device activity (such as the IP address); and geolocation data (approximate location information from your IP address). These disclosures may be considered a “sale” of information under the CCPA. I do not sell (or share) information through our ads program that identifies you personally, like your name or contact information.
Contacting Me About These Rights
When you contact me about one of your rights under this section, I’ll need to verify that you are the right person before I disclose or delete anything. For example, if you are a user, I will need you to contact me from the email address associated with your account. You can also designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf by giving me written authorization. I may still require you to verify your identity with me.
How to Reach Us
If you use this website, you consent to the processing and storage of internet identifiers on Netlify’s servers.
Es gibt auch eine deutsche Version. Für alle Fälle, die in der deuschen Version nicht beschrieben sind, gelten die Beschreibungen der englischen Version.